I have posted a couple of other times about using up some over ripened bananas….but I think is my favorite so far. You would think that this would be dense with the addition of the oatmeal…but it is quite light. I love that is has some fiber in it…perfect way to start your day.
Comes together really simply and it freezes great. Just let it cool first and then place in a freezer bag.
Grab some milk people…and enjoy ;)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1⅓ cups mashed ripe banana (about 2 large)
- 1 cup regular oats
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ c chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat well at medium speed of a mixer. Combine banana, oats, and milk; add to sugar mixture, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir with a whisk. Add to sugar mixture; beat just until moist. Stir in Chocolate chips. Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.