Going to wrap up Smores week with a yummy new recipe I recently made for a church function. These call for a homemade marshmallow fluff (which by the way…couldn’t be easier). These would be great to bake up and take to your Memorial Day picnic this weekend. I wish you all a wonderful kick off to summer!! :)
The crust come together really quick. I used wax paper to press firmly into the pan. These bars are pretty rich….so I would cut them up small. The pan is an 8 by 8.
What is better then a portable, make ahead, SMORE ?!?! :) Yummo my friends!
Smore Bar Recipe
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 C flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Hershey bars
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 C graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Marshmallow creme 16 large marshmallows, 2 tsp corn syrup
- Heat oven 350 and grease 8 by 8 pan.
- Beat butter and sugar. Add in egg, vanilla.
- Combine flour, graham cracker, baking powder, salt. Add mixture to butter mixture.
- Press half of the dough mixture into the pan. Arrange chocolate bars on top. Pour marshmallow cream and top with the rest of the dough. Carefully pressing dough on top.
- Bake 35 minutes. Allow to cook in the pan prior to cutting. Makes about 20 smaller bars.
- Marshmallow creme: In a double boiler, melt marshmallows and corn syrup.
Where I share:
BeDifferentActNormal, The36thAve, Whipperberry, TipJunkie, Tatertots&Jello, TodaysCreativeBlog, SerenityNow, PositivelySplendid, IHeartNaptime, ByStephanieLynn, TheDIYClub, CRAFT. MadinCrafts. HomeStoriesAtoZ, NotJustAHousewife, Skip to my Lou