It’s gonna be hot….like 100 degrees hot…I don’t have an appetiate when it’s this hot—I suppose that makes up for craving baked goods when it’s snowing outside…am I right?!?! :) These shrimp lettuce wraps are just the ticket on a super hot evening. They are full of flavor and low on calorie…have as many as you want:) I served them with some cilantro rice and it was a nice summertime meal…pass the margarita mkay:)
This homemade salsa would also be yummy alongside these wraps;)
Shrimp Lettuce Wrap Recipe
- 3 T fresh lime juice
- 2 T oil
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 t ground ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound raw deveined peeled shrimp, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Marinate shrimp for just 20 minutes in the lime, oil, 1 T soy , garlic and ginger.
- Med.skillet, heat 1 T oil add in pepper, onion. Saute.
- Add in shrimp and marinade, cook about 3 minutes add in extra soy.
- Serve on cleaned romaine lettuce leaves.
- I made the cilantro rice by making regular white rice, adding in about 1 T lime juice and chopped cilantro.
I hope to share some more photos from the show house this weekend. Please stop by house #15 to say hello…it has been so nice meeting some of you in person! I get the biggest thrill when I open the door and some one says “hey I follow your blog:)” Thank you so much for all your support with #homearamahouse15.
Have a great weekend!!