“Mom, what can I eat?”
“Mom, I’m hungry”
“Mom, there is nothing in this house!!”
“Mom, I’m starving…”
“Dad, where’s mom, I’m hungry….” :)
Ahhh, the sweet sounds of summer;) I am hoping this recipe will help ease those shouts of hunger from your brood. This easy pumpkin snack cake is a great portable snack, perfect for picnics or an early race to swim practice. Slice it up when it cools and wrap in wax paper…good to go. It is packed with lots of fabulous vitamins because it has a whole cup of pumpkin in the mix. Win win:) Be sure to search on your favorite social media #pumpkincan for a ton of great recipes that have pumpkin in the mix:) It is a great way to stay on track this summer. I have posted a few here too:) I may or may not have been eating this everyday for breakfast since the day I made them. They are perfect with coffee….
I hope you are having a great kick off to summer time fun! We are knee deep in boxes. Our closing is next week and it seems I have packed everything…and nothing. I can’t thank my mom enough for helping me! She keeps me on track and focused….thanks mommy!!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ t nutmeg
- ¼ t ground clove
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13 x 9 pan with spray and place parchment paper (makes it easy to get out of pan)
- In a large bowl beat eggs with mixer. Add the sugar and beat for a minute.
- Pour in the oil, with beaters running, and then add vanilla. Add pumpkin.
- On some wax paper, combine flour, salt, baking soda, spices, and cinnamon.
- Mix flour mixture into wet mixture.
- Use a spoon to fold in the mini chocolate chips and mix just until combined. Transfer the cake batter to the prepared pan, spreading it out in the pan with your spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 28 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Cut and wrap pieces in wax paper for an on the go snack!
- Makes 16
Enjoy the pumpkin snack cake and tell me what you think!!