Hey yall….how was your weekend? A wonderful filled weekend of nothing here:) We played puppy games and took lots of walks….great weekend all around. Both our kids are off and driving now…and they are loving their new freedom. I could get very use to eliminating my runs to the grocery store:)
Now that school is back in and we are settling into fall….the rountine of meal planning is back in action. I have talked about how we do things here a few times in the past. I like to allow everyone one dinner pick per week. I makes my grocery list based on those picks. I like to get this done on Sunday so that on Monday I can get in and out of the grocery store. Multiple trips to the store are annoying to me…
I wanted to share a yummy new recipe I made last week. The quick and easy chicken teriyaki was a real crowd pleaser. I adapted this recipe with a few substitutions and it worked great.
Took about 25 minutes or so….I just steamed some brocolli in the microwave and served it with rice. I love this steamer….makes fresh veggies and rice very easy!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Teriyaki sauce (below)
- TERIYAKI SAUCE INGREDIENTS: (whisk together
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 T sweet wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 T chicken broth
- Season the chicken with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside. Careful not to overcook
- Meanwhile, as the chicken is cooking, prepare your teriyaki sauce.
- Once the chicken is ready to go, pour the teriyaki sauce over it, then toss to combine until the chicken is evenly coated. Continue cooking until the sauce reaches a simmer and thickens.
- Remove from heat, and serve immediately, garnished with optional toppings if desired.
Promise to share buds table on Wednesday! Thanks for the patience!
Have a great day!