Seriously though….what is better that throwing everything into one pot and having it taste completely awesome? These one pot meals are so trendy right now….and this garlic spinach pasta is a huge hit! I used whole grain linguine which is higher in fiber—so a little will fill you up quicker. One serving of this pasta is just a tad over 300 calories…serve it up with some grilled chicken or shrimp and dinner is done:)
We still do our meal planning—so everyone gets to pick a meal of the week. This was peanut’s pick last week—I made it along side of a super easy oven breaded chicken that was perfect. Tasted like a chicken parmesan….but way easier!
Here is the recipe
One pot Garlic Spinach Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can unsalted petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock such as Swanson
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces whole-grain spaghetti or linguine such as Barilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounce fresh spinach
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese grated (about 1/4 cup)
- Heat large saute pan med high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat.
- Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until onion starts to brown.
- Add tomatoes, stock, oregano, and pasta, in that order. Bring to a boil.
- Break noodles in half and stir to submerge noodles in liquid.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 7 minutes or until pasta is almost done.
- Uncover; stir in salt.
- Add spinach in batches, stirring until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on cheese and serve:)
Let me know what you think:) And feel free to share it up online;)