Hi all! I am back from my trip…and I will be sharing a lot of fun details mid week. I hope you had a beautiful fall weekend where you live:) Starting off the week with this really yummy chicken casserole. It is creamy and tasty…and quite healthy too!
Usually the word casserole and canned soup go hand in hand. I love this recipe because it is all basic ingredients….you can add in whatever veggies your family likes…and it heats up fabulously so you can make it ahead. This is a recipe that everyone will love…it is hearty and perfect for those busy fall nights. Make some on Sunday and have ready whenever your crew is ready to eat:) To make it even easier…pick up a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery…
If you don’t have chicken already cooked…here is a quick tip: On a baking sheet, place a sheet of parchment paper. On top place 4 boneless chicken breast. Bake on 325 for 30 minutes. When chicken is cooked, immediately place in your kitchen aid mixer (put guard on top, mixing blade) turn on 5 until chicken is all shredded up. Easy…no cutting involved!
Easy Chicken Casserole (no canned soup) Recipe
- 2 Cups egg noodles measured frozen I love Reames Noodles or dry
- 1/4 C butter
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms chopped
- 1/3 C flour
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 C milk
- salt pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 2 C cooked chicken
- pinch of thyme
- pinch of sage
- 1/4 C Parmesan
- Cook noodles and set aside.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Add in mushrooms and saute till lightly browned.
- Stir in flour and whisk 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk and broth and seasonings.
- Whisk and sauce will thicken.
- Combine sauce, noodles and chicken. Season to taste. Pour in greased 2 qt casserole dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs (optional) and Parmesan.
- Bake 350 for 30 minutes.