Maybe you just want a pinch in your coffee…or a drip on some ice cream…or a swirl into a homemade milkshake…I am positive we could come up with several uses for homemade chocolate syrup. This is why we are friends….
Anywho, I came to realize this summer that it couldn’t be easier to make your own…keep it in the fridge and enjoy it for a month or so. Best part…the ingredients are simple…and nothing added but the good stuff:)
I bought a few cheap bottles in the kitchen section of walmart. One batch of syrup made enough for one bottle with a little extra to spare. Be sure to allow syrup to cool before putting in the bottle.
Make some today and then go buy some ice cream…I would like mint chip please ;)
Homemade Chocolate Syrup Recipe
- 1/2 C High Quality Cocoa powder
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- In a heavy saucepan, combine cocoa, sugar, salt and water.
- Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 5-8 minutes. Continue to stir so that it doesn't burn.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Allow to cool and pour into squeeze bottle.
- Store in fridge for up to a month.