This idea is kind of genius. It isn’t mine….so I am not calling myself genius. When I went to Haven last summer…one of my roommates Chelsea pulled out this rolled up placement. As she unrolled it…all of her long necklaces were just laying there…all untangled..and perfect. I thought…now that is a great idea. It took me this long to make one for myself….here is how I made my DIY necklace travel case…
- 2 pieces of fabric cut 15 by 17.
- 1 piece fusible fleece 14 by 17.
- 2 small pieces of sew on velcro (about 3 inches)
- sewing machine
- Iron the fusible fleece to the wrong side of your outside fabric.
- Place both fabric squares, right sides together and sew straight stitch around the whole square. Leaving an opening to allow to turn right side out.
- Turn right side out and sew seam shut. Iron flat.
- Roll up gently and mark with a pin where your velcro will be sewn (mine is about 6 inches on the outside fabric).
- Sew one velcro piece to the inside fabric on the edge (see picture above)
- Sew the other piece of velcro to the outside fabric. I sewed mine in opposite directions to allow for more wiggle room.
Thanks for such a great idea Chelsea!!
[…] Tracie from Cleverly Inspired shows how to make a roll-up travel organizer to keep your necklaces from becoming a big ol’ jumbled mess. The design is cleverly simple – just a fabric mat with Velcro to keep it closed. Go to her tutorial. […]
Found you through 36th Avenue Party Time. Love your blog!
I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party.
Please, invite your friends to party too! The more the merrier!
Comments are closed.