Drives me crazy to throw away food. I just hate to see something go to waste. We have an issue with this in our house with bananas. We are all banana snobs. You know…we only will eat them when there are that perfect color…not green…not deep yellow…just right. So I needed to find a way to use up those sad way-ripe bananas…here is what I found. And they are a hit with the peanut in our house! She eats them after school and at breakfast….perfect with milk!
These spread when they bake so plan for that.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ripe mashed bananas (about 3)
- 1 teaspoon vanillaextract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I didn’t add these)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray. (I just used Silpat)
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat thoroughly. Beat in mashed bananas and vanilla until well combined. Gradually blend in flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until light golden. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
this looks so amazing! I will be trying to make this ;)
Those look nice and moist and yummy.
I must try this.
Will definitely be trying these!! Thanks!
wow, I'll do it :) thank you so much
I'm excited to try these. I've been looking for just the right banana and chocolate bread recipe!
Comments are closed.