So last week or so I showed you how easy it is to make your own “cool whip” to use in desserts. I have a perfect dessert for you to try that will make everyone happy at your holiday gathering. This homemade oreo ice box cake can be made in about 7 minutes. No joke….so easy and you can top it with your favorite candy…make it your own:) I would whip up the whipped creme first…and then start to put your cake together. If you aren’t whipping your own creme you can sub cool whip.
This dessert will hold up great in the fridge for a couple days….so you can make it ahead. To serve, just cut it up into triangles like a pie:)
5 minute oreo icebox cake
- 1 package oreo cookie we use Birthday cake...yum:
- 2 Cups whipped creme
- 1 cup milk
- crushed candies of your choice
- Dip oreos quickly in milk and place one layer on the bottom of round pan.
- Top with a layer of whipped cream
- Drizzle a few candies
- Dip more oreos and place on top of whipped cream.
- Finish with the rest of the whipped cream
- Sprinkle with more candies.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours...overnight is best.