In case you wanted something yummy and warm on Christmas morning…here is a real crowd pleaser. Yes, it involves butter….but doesn’t anything worthwhile involve butter. It is a duplicate of the Entenman’s coffee cake. Please note…you need to make this in a 13 by 9. I failed to follow that on my first try…yes…it matters a lot…take it from me :)
Take the 2 cups of reserved flour mixture and add to the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix together with your pastry cutter until blended and lumps begin to form when you squeeze the mixture making small pea-sized crumbs.
Classic Crumb Cake: Entenmen's Knock Off
- 3-3/4 cups flour
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 pound butter l stick, softened
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 pound 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Mix together in a large bowl flour, sugar, baking powder, salt; and set
- aside 2 cups of this mixture for the topping.
- Add butter, eggs and milk to flour mixture in large bowl and mix well.
- Grease and flour a 13-inch rectangle baking pan. (I used PAM spray w/flour)
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For Topping: Take the 2 cups of reserved flour mixture and add to the
- butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix together with your fingers until
- blended and lumps begin to form when you squeeze the mixture making small
- pea-sized crumbs.
- Cover the entire cake with the crumbly mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- When cooled, dust with confectioner’s sugar