I am popping in from sunny North Carolina to share a fun Father’s day breakfast….
If there’s one Dad that I know who deserves a long sleep in breakfast in bed kind of a Father’s Day it is definitely my husband! He is in construction and so since we graduated in 1995 he has worked for his family’s construction business. This job requires him to wake up at 5:30am….many times 6 days of the week. Because of this he has a hard time even trying to sleep in anymore even when we’re on vacation… so for him to be able to sleep in and not wake up with an alarm clock is a real treat. This inspired this breakfast in bed for dad kind of a morning.
You can whip up these mini muffins ahead of time then on Father’s Day morning the kids can arrange them on the tray. Sprinkle on top some fresh fruit along with a super easy glaze that calls for just 2 ingredients! Serve it up with a cup of his favorite coffee and you will get his Father’s Day off to a perfect start!
International Delight Creamer
makes a vanilla flavored creamer that creates a perfect base for this sweet glaze. Add in a bit of powdered sugar and you’re set to go! (here is a quick Vine to show you just how simple it is). It’s just the right amount of sweet topping for these mini muffins. There are many items in the dairy aisle of your grocery store that can make your life much easier and this glaze, made with help from coffee creamer, can be used for any sweet roll recipe as well. You can customize the muffins by using an array of creamer flavors from cinnamon to hazelnut or seasonal flavors during the holidays. All you do is arrange the mini muffins on your favorite festive scrapbook paper (for Father’s Day, we are using a blue striped piece to resemble a tie) on top of a cookie sheet. I crafted the white color out of some white cardstock. You can add mini muffin liners that match your paper for an extra festive pop of color.
I found the template for the collar online…just trace and cut it out on cardstock.
Place 2 large pieces of scrapbook paper on a cookie sheet. Use double sided tape to secure. Cut “sleeves” from the top two corners. Place your collar on top. Arrange the mini muffins to mimic a tie:) Drizzle with your glaze! Check out my vine….I’m techy like that:)
Here is the recipe for the muffins
• 2 C flour
• 1/3 C sugar
• 1/2 T baking powder
• 3/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 C canola oil
• 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
• 1 C skim milk
• 3/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1 C raisins
• 1/2 C powdered sugar
• 2 T International Delight French Vanilla Creamer
• Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
• In a small mixing bowl combine the oil, egg whites and milk, mixing well.
• Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients.
• Mix with a wooden spoon just until moistened.
• Gently fold in the cinnamon and raisins.
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• Spray a muffin tin with a nonstick cooking spray.
• Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups filling them 3/4 full.
• Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a muffin.
• In a squirt bottle combine powdered sugar and milk. Shake until smooth.
• Allow the glaze to thicken slightly.
• Drizzle the glaze over the tops of the cooled muffins.
Father’s Day Muffin Breakfast (Father’s day Breakfast)
- 2 C flour
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1/2 T baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
- 1 C skim milk
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 C raisins
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2 T International Delight French Vanilla Creamer
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl combine well the oil, egg whites and milk mixing well.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients.
- Mix with a wooden spoon just until moistened.
- Gently fold in the cinnamon and raisins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with a non stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups filling them 3/4 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a muffin.
- In a squirt bottle combine powdered sugar and milk. Shake until smooth.
- Allow the glaze to thicken slightly.
- Drizzle the glaze over the tops of the cooled muffins.
I am positive Dad will love these!!
I am a brand ambassador for the NFRA (National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association) & a member of the Cool Food Panel. I have been compensated for my time spent writing this post. All opinions, photos, and thoughts are 100% mine own.