Did you watch the SNL Christmas special this past holiday? It is so completely inappropriate but the Alec Baldwin “sweatie balls” scene….makes me laugh so hard. And sadly whenever I make these I think of that skit. Youtube it if you missed it…12 year old humor…but still…
These make ahead sausage balls are great for a rowdy hungry crowd. You can make them and freeze them…a perfect anytime snack. I like this recipe because there is no biquick required….simple ingredients…Even though football season is over…make them up this Sunday and be a little lazy:)
I realize the majority of the world has had/made a sausage ball. I tweaked my recipe a bit and they were so good this year I had to share. I make one batch of these….freeze them before baking (you can just bake them right away)…and pop as many in the oven as I need. They are hearty and a crowd pleaser. A stand mixer with a dough hook makes the job that much easier too….
Make ahead Sausage Ball recipe
- 1 lb hot or mild ground sausage
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 4 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/4 flour
- 1 1/4 t baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Heat oven to 400. Combine all ingredients except sausage.
- Slowly incorporate sausage (I use my stand mixer with the dough hook)
- When ingredients are blended....form into balls.
- Either freeze at this point...or bake.
- Cook for 20 minutes on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
I think I might heat some up for lunch;) With a salad of course…:) Pop in this weekend on instagram. I will be sharing some more behind the scenes of the charity playhouse:) Also, look forward to next week…I am going to be doing a favorite things giveaway! It is time to give yall back a little something for coming to visit me here everyday:)
Have a great weekend friends!