It is a love/hate relationship with me….they are so hot….but they are so good….ok, I’ll have one more…yes, my mouth is burning…BUT I DON’T CARE!! These stuffed poppers are a real crowd pleaser….plus, they are good even when they cool off a bit—so you can serve them up and not worry about them! Perfect for a Memorial Day picnic with friends:) I hope you look like as big of an idiot as I do when I eat them;)
Feel free to make them ahead:) Just cover them with a damp paper towel so that the pastry doesn’t dry out too much.
What’s more patriotic then a popper? Nothing I tell you….nothing:) #grabmybeer
- 1 clove of garlic roasted
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbed
- 1 c shredded cheddar
- 15 jalapenos sliced down the center and seeded
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- Roast garlic (cut off top of garlic bulb, place on foil, drizzle with olive oil, wrap foil around and bake for 45 min. at 425)
- Combine garlic pulp, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon crumbs.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture into pepper.
- Cut thawed puff pastry sheets into 12 squares.
- Wrap peppers with puff pastry piece. You can brush with egg wash if you want:)
- Bake 400 for about 15-20 min. until browned. Using parchment on the baking sheet will help peppers keep from sticking.