Garlicy, lemony, buttery goodness. Shrimp scampi was my very first love for any kind of seafood. I felt like such a grown up the first time I ordered it at a restaurant. I was such a picky eater growing up…I thought only adults ate seafood. What’s not to love about shrimp scampi?? And when you put all that goodness on top of a buttery puff pastry…well…you are pretty close to heaven;) My friends at McCormick.com wanted me to show you easy it is to make Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi a fun weeknight meal. Super quick…easy and sooooo yummy…. Your ingredients list is short….and this takes about 10 minutes (along with baking time) to put together.
Shrimp Scampi with Puff Pastry
- one sheet of puff pastry
- McCormick Shrimp Scampi seasoning packet
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/4 C butter
- 1 pound shrimp raw thawed I buy shell off and deveined
- parmesan pinch of cayenne (optional) egg white (to brush on puff pastry)
- Cut one sheet of thawed puff pastry into 6 rectangles.
- Brush with egg white and bake on parchment paper 400 for 15 minutes.
- Place one puff pastry one each serving dish.
- Melt butter and oil. Add in seasoning packet and shrimp.
- Sauté for about 4 minutes until shrimp is no longer pink. Add in lemon juice.
- Take off heat and pour on top of puff pastry.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, parsley and a little cayenne. Enjoy with a small green salad.
Where’s my wine? Eat up friends;)
For more weeknight inspirations be sure to check out the full line of McCormick’s seasonings…
Tell me your favorite by commenting here….and you could win this fun prize pack!