I am popping in today to be apart of my blogging buddy Jamie’s handmade costume series. She has a complete website dedicated to handmade halloween costumes! It is so fun to peek around on there and get some great ideas to make your own…and your kids costumes. I am sharing this one that Melissa (bff) and I made last year for her daughter. Melissa got the idea on family fun and added a few things to make it her own. It turned out so cute and it was very easy to make…
What you will need:
Large Mexican hat
hot glue gun and glue
1/2 yard felt (to match fabric on top…we used blue)
Shimmery fabric for the top
How to make:
1. Cut felt circle the size of the bottom of the hat. Hot glue onto hat.
2. Cut out circle for the head and hot glue felt to hat.
3. On the top of the hat…stuff bubble wrap so that it fills the entire top. We used packaging tape to adhere. You want it to be nice and round on top…like a jelly fish.
4. Cover bubble wrap with fabric cut to fit around and over the felt on the bottom of the hat. Folding and gluing as you go.
5. Cut streamers and ribbons to hang down from the edges of the hat…curl if you desire:)
6. Sarah wore a blue shirt to match her sparkly jellyfish hat:)
How flippin cute!! Go see Jamie’s site for more great ideas! Thanks for including me girly:)
Go check out more really cute handmade costumes at Really Awesome Costumes