I am always looking for quick solutions for breakfast. This strawberry bread comes in handy. I love how it turned out…it is moist, and not too dense…it is wonderful toasted with a light brush of cream cheese. So so good! Also, great way to use up some strawberries!
Fresh Strawberry Bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups strawberries, rinse, dried and chopped
1. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. With electric mixer cream butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
3. In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add buttermilk and only stir until just combined; do not over mix.
4. Carefully fold in strawberries. Dough mixture will be thick.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
Recipe found at : My Baking Addiction