Thanks for all the love for the Charity Home Playhouse project. I sure did have a blast and I hope to participate again next year:) We had a great weekend of absolutely nothing….Friday was spent with my 70 lb. lap dog on my chest….huddled by a warm fire. Saturday hubs and I had a great date night…and watched the first of season 3 House of Cards….a bit disappointed…anyone else watch? We only watched one episode. I’m hoping it gets better…we waited so long to see season 3.
It is still cold. I am officially ready to be done with winter. It’s Monday. Sorry…I sound annoyed don’t I? I am just tired of boots, and ice on the grass, and mud, and salt residue on the car….I miss tulips…..
But, one good thing about the cold…soup. A hot bowl of soup, tall glass of wine, homemade bread…it can make the coldness melt away. This pasta soup with sausage will please the whole family. Just serve it up with some veggie sticks or a salad…some bread or crackers…dinner is done:)
And hey…if you see spring…tell her I miss her:)
- 1 lb. Italian sausage cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. sliced mushrooms
- 1 t. olive oil
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 Can diced tomatoes (Italian style)
- 2 c. water
- 1 (14.5 oz.) Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 2.5 C small shell pasta uncooked
- Large skillet, brown sausage. Place in stock pot.
- Use same skillet to saute onions, mushrooms, garlic in oil.
- Add to soup pot.
- Add in tomatoes, chicken stock, water and bring to boil.
- Add in pasta and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat and stir....serve up.
- Top with parmesan.
Shout out Happy Birthday to my mommy! I love you!! Have a great day!!!