Hi friends:) We got a lot done this weekend in my office. I have a new way to hang window panels…and it is so unique! I promise I will show you soon. The room is just about ready for the camera:) Today I wanted to share another fun way to use your family photos….make them into a coloring page. I even included a printable at the bottom of the post…you can print it out and hang it up. When is the last time you colored a picture…just for the fun of it?? It is still fun…just like Kindergarten.
I have told you before how much a I love Picasa. Besides being free, it is super easy to use and very quick. It is fun to use your photos in a new way…like making them into a coloring book. Pictures that work best are more graphic and “defined”…just play with it…and have fun….create one of a kind art on the cheap :)
Here are the steps…
1. Open Picasa and select a picture to use.
2. Crop it so that your image is “standing out”.
3. On the last tab in the top left, select Boost and adjust. This will help make the lines defined.
4. Select Pencil Sketch and adjust until the image is how you want it.
5. Select Print at the bottom.
Select “pencil sketch” and drag the fade all the way down to “0”…play with the radius and strength. When you are finished click print at the bottom! That is it!