Large Library Art for $4.50

Remember how I told you that we were going to have the Library painted??? We love the color! It turned out really beautiful. The color plays so lovely with the foyer and the family room! I will show you soon ….

We needed a large piece for one of the walls—I came up with a handpainted piece that is so easy…seriously—you can paint this I promise!!!

I used a large painters cloth (4 by 5) ironed it smooth…(no need to prewash)

Use tape to create the stem of the dandelion….press tape firmly on…

I used leftover paint from my family room  (Ben Moore Phillipsburg Blue)

Paint the inside of the tape to create the stem…..I used some chalk to rough sketch my design….remember it’s art…no need to be perfect!

Now it is time to make a large frame for my large art!!! I enlisted my number one trim guy…
He constructed this frame (making sure to secure the frame together on the tops and bottoms—to hide the screws) Simple 45 degree miter cuts…placed together with wood glue and screws.
I stapled the painting onto the back of the frame…
Be sure to pull taunt and staple centers first and work your way out the the corners…
I secured some picture cleats on the back and hung up! Love this!! I love how the frame color highlights the ceiling color (Reflecting pool by behr….Wall color is Behr Tawny Birch)

The library is coming together!!!
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Sharing—A Glimpse inside, Creation Corner, Whipperberry, 504 Main, Freckled LaundryRemodeloholic
Tatertots and Jello, Beach Cottage

Photobucket

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
-Tracie
About Tracie

Tracie Stoll is a wife, mom and has a passion for creating new things. On her blog Cleverlyinspired.com she is constantly sharing ways to inspire her readers to be clever in their own home. Since 2010 Tracie has been sharing DIY projects, crafting, remodeling and decorating along with some easy tasty recipes...all on a mindful budget. She is a graduate of the University of Dayton where she studied visual art and communications. Tracie has been featured on popular sites such as Better Homes and Gardens, Huffington Post, Apartment Therapy, Seventeen and Design Sponge.

Comments

1. Gorgeous! I really love it, it's so whimsical and fun, but it still looks very classy and sophisticated. Great, great job!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

2. Siggy Spice says:

LOVE it!!!

3. That is FABULOUS!!!! I just love it.. imagine how adorable it would look at my cottage :-) .. in blue, my favourite colour!!!

It is terrific.. congrats on such a creative piece.

4. absolutely beautiful! So creative and resourceful!!

5. Steph @ Crafting in the Rain says:

So pretty–and it looks great in that space. Makes me think I could do it too :) Good luck with OMTWI!

6. Chris Bernhard says:

Love it Trac – looks amazing!

7. Jennifer says:

Fab!! I love this!
    Jennifer

8. mindylou says:

Love it! The colors really complement your wall color. I'm suer it's so exciting to watch it all come together.

9. That is beautiful! Awesome job! Found you through Remodelaholic's link party.

Kristen
    Turning a House into a Home

10. Great job! I love the dandelion decals I've been seeing around. I could do this instead.

11. So pretty, what a fab idea for inexpensive but art.

12. Catherine says:

Very nice!! Such a beautiful and whimsical piece!

13. Lovely. What a simple, sweet way to make a wall beautiful.

14. Jessa Smith says:

Wow – I can't believe that's just a drop cloth! It turned out so well!

~Jessa

15. Amazing! I just love the drop cloth art and can't wait to see more. I'm your newest follower!

Rachel

16. This looks great! I've got some large frames I've been wanting to do something fun with. I'd thought about hanging them inside each other empty, but I'm going to do some like this now I think. Thanks for sharing!

17. Allison Wagstaff says:

very creative, great job.

18. How lovely it turned out!!! This is such a great idea!!! Really nice:-)

19. heather {WhipperBerry} says:

brilliant as always!!

kisses
    heather

20. Jayna Rae says:

I love the look of dandelions. They are so gorgeous. Your project turned out so wonderfully.

21. Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage says:

Gorgeous!! Thanks for auditioning for OMTWI!!

22. Awesome! I am gonna have to try this!

23. idesign says:

very pretty!! i love cheap and easy projects :) found you over at dittle dattle, come by for a visit sometime!

jackie

24. Carrie @ Dittle Dattle says:

This is really great! I love the simplicity of it because I tend to over complicate things :D I will be featuring you on this weeks Amaze Me Monday!