Wine bottles=Christmas display

The story of 3 wine bottles…..that just wanted to be pretty….
Ahhh…aren’t they pretty now…..here’s what I did….

I gathered 3 bottles…1 was a bit taller than the other 2…

Sprayed a coat of primer on them…

Let them dry and got out the Epsom salt (found in the drug section area near first aid..) what can I say…I like to think outside the box! About $2 for the box!

Spray the bottles with some craft bond spray adhesive.

Roll the tacky bottle in some Epsom salt…

kind of looks like snow?? maybe??
I placed the bottles on a silver platter that I had on hand…I also spread some extra Epsom salt around the tray. I placed a few small silver balls along with 3 votive. Inside the wine bottles I stuck in some silver pics from Michael’s. I was thinking of tall candles…that would also work too…but I liked this look a but more.
I only spent money on the Epsom salt and the silver pics…not bad really

Photobucket
Be Inspired to be Clever ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
-Tracie
About Tracie

Tracie Stoll is a wife, mom and has a passion for creating new things. On her blog Cleverlyinspired.com she is constantly sharing ways to inspire her readers to be clever in their own home. Since 2010 Tracie has been sharing DIY projects, crafting, remodeling and decorating along with some easy tasty recipes...all on a mindful budget. She is a graduate of the University of Dayton where she studied visual art and communications. Tracie has been featured on popular sites such as Country Living, CNN living, Good Housekeeping, Better Homes and Gardens, Huffington Post, Apartment Therapy, Seventeen and Design Sponge.

Comments

1. 2littlehooligans says:

I love this idea! I wish I would have seen this sooner, I just got rid of a few bottles. It is simply beautiful!

2. This is so pretty! The idea to use salt is so creative. Looks gorgeous on the table : )

3. Emily @ LaForce Be With You says:

How beautiful and clever! Great idea! I am a fairly new blogger too and I am your newest follower!

Would love if you followed me here: http://www.laforcebewithyou.com

4. very sweet and sparkly! couldn't be nicer :)

5. absolutely beautiful! I love that you're so resourceful and you make ordinary things unexpectedly gorgeous!

6. They do look awesome! What a great idea!!!

7. Pink Satin Sashes says:

THAT is a great idea! I love the bottles!! Brilliant!

8. Ann @ makethebestofthings says:

Beautifully and cleverly done. Good thinking!

9. michelle dean says:

These are beautiful! I have lots of empty wine bottles to try this on! I also did a wine bottle light!

10. Oh, I love these! So pretty and elegant and so easy!

I shared a link to this on A Glimpse Inside's FB page.

11. Fuzzy Slippers says:

Fun "green-disguised-as-white" idea!!! I'm gonna have to try this one. I adore the texture the salts give the bottles. I totally think it looks like snow. :)
    Fuzzy Slippers Designs

12. How do generate all these great ideas???? Wow! Definitely like these bottles and the display!

13. Love it!

14. i love it…and it looks like snow to me!

15. Condo Blues says:

I love them! Any craft that starts with emptying a wine bottle is a good craft.

16. MessyMissy says:

Love, love, love, LOVE this idea. I am definitely going to imitate this for my upcoming Christmas party!!!!

17. Love. This. Idea. How creative!!! I can't wait to try this, Lord knows I have plenty of wine bottles at my house. :) Visiting from Between U & me

18. Michelle (www.thereallifemom.blogspot.com) says:

Gorgeous!

19. great idea! im gonna have to borrow it… after i use my most recently emptied wine bottle for a rolling pin! yikes

20. Beautiful! I am featuring these today on Vintage Pollyanna's Tell Me Tuesday Faves. Thanks for supporting my link party!

21. I love these!! What a clever idea! Will for sure be my Dining Room centerpiece when Christmas rolls around!

22. Phil and Darby Hawley says:

I just saw this on pinterest and I love the idea!!! Thanks for this tutorial!

23. Mama Peck says:

lovely!

24. Cafe Groenhout says:

I saw this posted on Pinterest and cannot WAIT to make this! They'll be lovely staggered along my buffet. :) Thanks for sharing!

25. Saw this on Pinterest! Love love love them! Can't wait to try this for myself!!!

26. This would be great for winter wedding centerpiece. Love it!

27. Emily @SweetlyScrapped says:

These are adorable! I am definitely going to do some this year!!!! Thanks for the tute =)

28. We used to decorate bottles with this effect using detergent. It was such a fun mess!

29. Honeyprint says:

Love it!

30. Drama Mama Lori says:

Love this idea! New follower!

31. Wow!! What a great idea!! I will definitely be trying this!! Thanks for sharing and posting the directions!! I am a new follower!
    Tina

32. Totally did this tonight and LOVE how it turned out! Thanks for pinning it :)

33. this is awesome! thanks for pinning! :)

34. pennellolane says:

Great idea, I'm going to get some bottles out of my recycling bin right now!

35. Thanks for a great blog
    Best Christmas Decoration ideas

36. Johanson Family says:

Aw this is a cool project! Found it through Pinterest!! I love that site and how projects can live on forever! Thanks for sharing!! I've gotta try this!

37. Your centerpiece was so gorgeous that I made my own! I posted it on my blog here: http://notevenclosetomartha.blogspot.com/2011/11/snow-inspired-centerpiece-for-winter.html

Thank you for sharing such a gorgeous Winter craft :)

38. So lovely! I had to share on my CraftBliss Facebook Page! Thanks! ~Dee

39. Melissa @ LoveBugLiving says:

So pretty! I love this look!

40. cheapcraftymama says:

Love this idea! I included it on my top 10 list of handmade Christmas decor at http://www.cheapcraftymama.com. Feel free to stop by and grab a button or link to show that you have been featured!
    Thanks!

41. I love love love this! I just made them, except I used what I had on hand. I had white spraypaint, and while they were still wet I threw a bunch of glitter on them. I'm just wondering if there's some sort of coating I can put on them so they won't chip when I package them away after Christmas. Love these!

42. jamie @ [kreyv] says:

These are so beautiful! I am featuring them tomorrow in my [so cheap, so easy] series. I'll be linking back to your original post. Thanks for the great idea!

Jamie

43. What a beautiful centerpiece. Thanks for posting this. Does anyone have any suggestions to what I can do to get my "snow" to stick better on the finished pieces? Is there a glaze or anything to spray on top to help it stick?

44. Gorgeous display!

In reponse to Jackie: I've seen other similar crafts that use Mod Podge instead of spray adhesive and some use a top coat afterward.

I shared a credited link in my post: http://www.raisingknights.com/2011/12/8-diy-christmas-crafts-using-epsom.html

45. Jennifer @ The Brilliant Crafty Type says:

I just bought epsom salt yesterday for some Christmas crafting and I have a few more empty wine bottles since my last recycled bottle craft. I might make an epsom salt day of it! A wreath, some bottles and maybe at the end of it all a foot soak! Gotta love things with completely random uses…

46. GunsAndBigHair says:

Love love love! Is it ok to drink bottles of wine just so I can do this craft? Wha – Yes?! Ok!

47. I love this!! I just linked to it over on my blog. I hope that's ok. :) Thanks for sharing!! Oh and I'm a new follower. :)

Digger

48. Nadja Silva says:

Lindo arranjo…Parabéns!!!

49. PlayMsT4Me says:

Thanks so much for the inspiration – I just did this yesterday and it was a hit with the family. My husband said, "those wine bottles look pretty cool." I can send you a picture if you are so inclined and I will be sure to link to yours on Pinterest, when I get that far. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

50. What a great idea! I've saved it to try.

51. I have been trying this over and over, for wedding center pieces. They are turning out really streaky. Any one else having this trouble?

Trackbacks