There really is only a few other desserts that are the quintessential summertime treat…fresh strawberries are very high on that list. I thought it would be fun to create a very simple strawberry shortcake dessert that was literally one bite. These little strawberry shortcake sliders would be a great thing to serve up at your next baby shower or summer picnic party. You can cut everything up and make the homemade whipped topping in advance. When you are getting ready to serve just put them together and place on a tray. They keep in the refrigerator for about an hour or so but not much longer than that or they will kind of get soggy. My daughter and I put these together in about 10 minutes… so they don’t take a lot of time. I would caution you to make a lot because they are so easy to eat!
All you will need is a store bought vanilla pound cake sliced, fresh strawberries sliced, toothpicks, and some homemade whipping cream. I use this Homemade whipping cream on several kinds of desserts that call for a store bought whipped topping. I love this recipe because it its just 3 very simple ingredients and you can make as much as you need.
Strawberry Shortcake Sliders
Author: Tracie at CleverlyInspired
- store bought pound cake
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 T powdered sugar
- dash of vanilla extract
- Freeze bowl and whisk for 10 minutes.
- Cut up pound cake into small squares or stars.
- Slice strawberries and place on paper towel to dry off a bit.
- Using a toothpick to secure, place one piece of pound-cake under one strawberry.
- Using cold bowl and whisk, at a high speed combine whipping cream and powdered sugar. When cream starts to firm up a bit add in vanilla.
- Pour whipped cream into large ziploc bag and pipe onto strawberry.
- Makes about 20-25 desserts.
The key to this homemade whipping cream is to get the mixing bowl as cold as you can. Placing in the freezer for about 10 minutes usually does it. I also put my Kitchenaid whisk in the freezer also…. and make sure your whipping cream is super cold. If you don’t have a stand mixer you can do it by hand but it will take some girth;) When you are ready to assemble just cut the cake into bite sized forms. We used a small star cookie cutter if you don’t have that you can just cut into little squares. Top with a strawberry slice and a dollop of your fresh whipping cream. That’s it! It is summer on a platter!
So festive and fun:) Perfect for the 4th:)
I will be off the rest of the week….popping in on social media….If you are new here and stopping by for the first time, welcome! Be sure to check out the Project Gallery at the top of the page….if you are searching for something specific there is a search bar at the top of the page as well.
Have a great week friends!
I’m so excited to be participating in the 100 blogger round up Ultimate Red White and Blue celebration again this year! It is a great way to celebrate all the colors of summertime. A ton of craft, recipes, projects all sorts of fun things that have to do with summer. It is your one stop shop for any summer party that you’re having. I wanted to share a really easy dessert that you could whip up for your summer picnic. It is a red white and blue version of the fireside classic dessert the Smore. Instead of regular milk chocolate I used white chocolate along with some fresh blueberries and raspberries. What’s great about this dessert is you can bake up quite a few at one time and serve them altogether. Of course if you wanted to do it over a campfire you could do that as well. They look so pretty on a plate! It just screams summer time!
Be sure to check out all the festive projects and recipes by following our Pinterest board….you will be blown away at the creativity!!
Firecracker Smores (Summer dessert recipe)
Author: Tracie at CleverlyInspired
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 1 bar white chocolate
- Heat oven to 425
- Foil line a cookie sheet, place rack on top.
- Place squares of graham cracker, place white chocolate square on top, cut raspberries, cut blueberries and marshmallows.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes
- Top with other graham cracker
Serve it up! Happy summer friends!
You can search #redwhiteandblueblog on Instagram and Twitter to see the explosion of inspiration:)
Follow The Cards We Drew’s board Three Cheers for the Red White and Blue ULTIMATE Round Up of Patriotic Ideas from Top Bloggers! on Pinterest.
Hey yall! We made it to Friday….although I haven’t showered the better part of the week and my diet has consisted of muffins, coffee and vodka….all is good:) My kiddos went back to school today…three cheers for routine being restored! The charity playhouse is almost ready for it’s finishing touches…and I am so excited to share with you some of the special features. Next Wednesday and Thursday is go time…and I will be at the fairgrounds setting up for the big reveal. I cannot wait for these kiddos to see their playhouse. Sneak peeks over on instagram:) Go see! Have a great weekend…in the meantime…this dessert will have you dreaming of spring…..:)
I am very excited to be a member of the 2015 Cool Food Panel on behalf of the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) and Easy Home Meals. It is comprised of 6 bloggers that all blog about food and develop delicious recipes. The main objective is to share fun recipes that think a little bit outside the box when using time saving & healthy products from the frozen food and dairy aisles in your local grocery store. We are always looking for easier ways to get dinner on the table quicker and the items found in the freezer section can help you find your love for cooking again! My partnership with NFRA goes right along with the mission of my blog which is to inspire you to think “cleverly.” All year-long, I will be sharing clever uses of everyday frozen /refrigerated products. I would also encourage you to follow along on Pinterest where all my Cool Food Panel comrades will be pinning and creating yumminess right along with me!
This month, I am sharing a really easy dessert that would be so cute to serve at a bridal or baby shower or any springtime party. There are minimal ingredients and it can be made a few hours ahead of time. It is sure to be impressive on any plate at any of your upcoming parties.
For this recipe you will just need a few items:
Strawberry Lemonade Pie Cups
Author: Tracie at CleverlyInspired
- 2 frozen Luigi’s Strawberry Italian Ice Cups, thawed in microwave for 30 seconds
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 oz. frozen Cool Whip
- 5 lemons
- Strawberries for garnish
- These sweet, strawberry lemonade cups look so cute inside of a hollowed out lemon.
- Cut lemons in half and cut small “tail” off bottom so the lemon will sit on a plate.
- Use a paring knife and carefully cut around and scoop out pulp.
- Place in freezer until ready to fill.
- In a bowl, combine Luigi’s Italian Ice and whisk with condensed milk.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve (or one hour prior)
- Fill lemon cups with filling and garnish with berries.
If you’re pressed for time, you could always use small dessert cups and top them with some fresh berries…it’ll be just as pretty. J I thought to be a little more impressive, I would scoop out some lemons and serve it up in an adorable lemon cup. You could scoop out your lemons and place them in the freezer overnight and then just fill them with the filling before you serve.
I would just caution if you’re going to make this ahead of time to make your filling and put it in the refrigerator and wait to fill up the lemon cups maybe an hour before you serve. You don’t want the filling sitting in the lemon cups for too long because it gets a little bit less attractive.
Don’t they look like a little bit of spring:)
Think warm thoughts friends…and keep warm:)
I am a brand ambassador for companies that create products and services that target my readership. I work with Social Spark and Clever Girls, along with individual companies. I will always be mindful of your time and needs…and keep with the mission of CleverlyInspired; which is to inspire you to be clever in your own home. I appreciate your understanding. I have been compensated for my time, however all opinions and thoughts , photos & errors are 100% mine;)
I have 400 blog post started….but none of them ready to finish and post yet. I am working a mile a minute to gather all the touches for the charity home playhouses. We are about 2 weeks away from moving the playhouse from where it is being built to the fairgrounds where the Home Builders Show will be held. Plus I have 2 clients right now who are both needing some help with their kitchens. All good stuff….but very busy! So for today…I shall share a cookie…because who doesn’t love a good peanutbutter cookie on a gloomy Monday? I like this recipe because you get a little chocolate with every bite of peanutbutter goodness…it’s the little things…am I right?!?!
Have a great Monday friends!!
I needed to show you my oven….cause it’s clean and all. Need to clean yours? Check this out….
Peanut butter Cup Cookie Recipe
Author: Tracie at CleverlyInspired
- 1-1/4c all-purpose flour
- ¾t baking soda
- ½t baking powder
- ¼t salt
- ½c butter, softened
- 1c peanut butter (creamy or crunchy, your preference)
- ¾c sugar + more for rolling cookies
- ½c firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1T milk
- 1t vanilla
- 1.5 C milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On wax paper combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand-mixer beat the butter and peanut butter together until smooth and fluffy. Add the sugars until combined, then incorporate the egg, followed by the milk and vanilla. Gradually add in the flour mixture and beat until thoroughly combined.
- In a small bowl, put a few tablespoons of sugar for rolling your cookies. Using a medium cookie scoop, portion out your dough and roll each ball into the sugar until coated on all sides. Place on baking sheet, allowing room for the cookies to spread out while baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Careful not to overbake.
- When they come out of oven drop a few chocolate chips on top. The cookies will look slightly underdone in the center, but they are not. They will set up as they cool.
Also, I have GoFundMe page
…if you are so inclined to helping me furnish the playhouse. I appreciate all the help!!!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Hey yall! Have a good weekend? Darn those Packers…am I right?!?! We were soooooooo rooting for them to go to another Super Bowl. The end of that game was complete craziness! We are enjoying one more day off although my day started off with a bang today and I feel like I have been going a mile a minute. If you are searching for something to soothe your sweet tooth….but you don’t want to kill your diet…these low calorie brownies are just the ticket. Make some this week and see for yourself….
Did you know that your typical 2-inch square brownie will cost you about 250 calories? If I told you you could have the same size square brownie and save a hundred calories and not compromise any taste would you try it? Usually something like that would be too good to be true…but seriously these brownies are just a decadent as any other brownie you’ve ever eaten. That’s called winning my friends.
My friends at all white egg whites invited me to try a recipe for brownies telling me they are at least half the calories of a regular bakery brownie. (and bonus..they gave me a coupon to pass along..$0.50 Off AllWhites Egg Whites) . I really didn’t believe them. I would try it and it would taste like a healthy brownie…which are usually not worth eating. You will never miss what is missing in this dessert. And I will show you an easy way to make your brownie into a heart….perfect to make for your sweethearts on Valentines Day. The brownie comes together really easy mixing the dry ingredients and adding in wet….no brainer.
Simple ingredients always produce the best outcome…and this recipe is no different. Here is what you will need to make this heart shaped brownie for the loves in your life:)
Low Calorie Brownie Recipe
Author: Tracie at CleverlyInspired
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp.salt
- ½ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cupAll Whites
- 2 Tbsp.canola oil
- 2 squares (1 oz. each)
- semi sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup miniature semi sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch circle baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. I always use parchment liner too which will make it easy to take out of the pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well mixed. Stir in applesauce, Better'n Eggs, canola oil, melted baking chocolate and vanilla just until well mixed; careful not to over stir. Place foil on one edge and spread brownie mixture into prepared pan around the foil creating a "heart" shape. Sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over bake.
When the brownie is done baking….let it cool a bit. Take out the foil piece and shape up your heart with a paring knife. Powdered sugar and berries will cover up any mishaps:)
You can find lots of other low cal recipe ideas on the AllWhites Egg Whites on Pinterest. And AllWhites Egg Whites Favorites. A great way to start your 2015… getting healthy!!
AllWhites Egg Whites
Even better with a little fresh berries to decorate the top:)