I have an injury…from a tambourine. You know when you weekend ends with an injury from a musical instrument…it was definitely a good weekend. I haven’t danced for 3 hours consecutively in a very long time…good thing it was a long weekend—I had plenty of couch time too…I hope you had a great Labor day weekend. Looks like we are all back in the swing of things….always hard to get back to routine—but soon crisp fall days will be here, and I cannot wait! Puppy Chloe comes home on Friday…we are all very excited for this new addition to our family:)
Wanted to share with you a great substitute for canned cream of _____ soup base. This recipe can be changed up by adding in different spices. I use this for my chicken pot pie recipe and it is thick and creamy..perfect for your casseroles that call for the canned version. This recipe makes 2 cans worth….
Easy homemade pie crust recipe here;)
It is the ultimate fall cozy comfy meal:)
Use in your recipe;)
Hope you have a great week…be back soon to share the bedside floating shelves that my Dad and I installed last week:)
- 2.5 C chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1.5 C milk
- ¾ C flour
- ½ tsp each (onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, parsley)
- 1 t salt
- Combine chicken broth and ½ C milk in saucepan…low boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, seasonings and remaining milk until smooth.
- Pour flour mixture into broth and whisk until thickened simmer low.