Say that 5 times fast….hey….stop swearing at me….ok moving on….I recently cleaned out a few things in our closet. A couple of my hubs shirts were still in great condition….they were just a bit over sized for him. I made a few into my fancy camera strap…and my daughter wanted to use the another shirt to make a skirt. It turned out really cute so we wanted to share it with yall….
- men’s button down (ours was Large)
- elastic (1/4 inch)
- sewing machine
- safety pin
- Lay the shirt flat and cut under the armpits straight across.
- Fold top of skirt down 1 inch and iron. This will be your top seam. Pin your seam.
- Sew a straight stitch all around…leaving a 2 inch opening for your elastic to be threaded through.
- Attach elastic to safety pin and push through the seam. (ours was measured 2 inches longer than waist measurement)
- When elastic meets…sew together then stitch up the seam.
- Ta Da! You made a skirt from a shirt!
A fun little project to try this week!
Where I share fun projects:
BeDifferentActNormal, The36thAve, Whipperberry, TipJunkie, Tatertots&Jello, TodaysCreativeBlog, SerenityNow, PositivelySplendid, IHeartNaptime, ByStephanieLynn, TheDIYClub, CRAFT. MadinCrafts. HomeStoriesAtoZ, NotJustAHousewife, HOH