You know when you make a whole 9 by 13 pan of something…like a brownie or a bar…and you are the one who ends up taking bites off of it every time you walk past? You don’t want to…but you don’t want to see it go to waste either. I was wanting to make lemon bars for my honey on Valentines day…but I didn’t want to be left with a ginormous pan of lemon bars for a week.
I adapted this recipe for a smaller 9 by 9 pan pan and they came out perfect. Super easy to put together too. Don’t you think they just scream spring!! :) So happy…lemon is so happy ;)
The crust will come together quick in your food processor (a pastry cutter works good too). The crust will appear very dry….it’s ok. Press into a foil covered 9 by 9 pan ( I used some wax paper to super press ;). Bake.
Super press, super press…I’m super pressin….yowoooooo (name that tune…)
Meanwhile, whisk eggs. Then add in sugar, zest and lemon juice. Add in flour and baking powder last. Pour egg mixture onto hot crust and continue baking about 20 minutes. Keep and eye on it…when it sets and browns a bit it is done.
Let cool and pull foil out. Cut into 2 inch squares. Makes 24 mini bars. A perfect bite I think ;)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 1 stick of butter cubed
- Juice of one large lemon (1/6 C plus 1 T)
- Zest from one large lemon (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 C flour
- 1/4 t baking powder
- Combine 1 C flour, powdered sugar and butter in food processor. Press into foil lined pan (8 by 8) Bake 350 for 18 min.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs. Add in zest, juice, sugar. Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Pour egg mixture over hot crust and return to oven for 20 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
BeDifferentActNormal, The36thAve, Whipperberry, TipJunkie, Tatertots&Jello, TodaysCreativeBlog, SerenityNow, PositivelySplendid, IHeartNaptime, ByStephanieLynn, TheDIYClub, CRAFT. MadinCrafts. HomeStoriesAtoZ