I am working behind the scenes on my office. It is a room that I spend the better part of the day in…but yet it is the most uninspiring space in our house. Paint and new floors are in the works….I have decided on white trim and white walls….and I have never been so nervous! Colors are much easier to pick! I decided on all white because I use this space for photography and it will be fabulous to have all the light bouncing….plus I look at it as a challenge. I am excited to pick items for the space that will bring some color in…but at the same time I am looking forward to a clean and a bit more “modern” room to work in everyday.
I will share my vision next week….but today I have an AMAZING sugar free barbecue sauce. This sugar free barbecue sauce is so stinking good! We used it for pulled pork sandwiches last week…and then again on the weekend we used it on some grilled hot wings.
There is a ton of sugar in most bottled barbecue sauces. This one gets it’s sweetness from a bit of honey…and I am telling you…it is amazing…slightly tangy, slightly sweet…all about yum!
Let it simmer for about 45 minutes and you are good to go. Will keep in the fridge for about a week.
Sharing at Tip Junkie
- Sugar Free Barbecue Sauce
- 1/3 C Worcestershire sauce (low sodium is good too)
- 1/3 C apple cider vinegar
- 2 T onion powder
- 2 T honey
- 2 T paprika
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T garlic salt
- 2 t Mexican hot sauce (don’t use buffalo sauce, too much salt)
- 2 t dry mustard
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/8 cayenne pepper
- 14 oz. tomatoes (pureed, no salt) I love MuirGlen
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes to an hour. May store in refrigerator for a week.
- (In recipes, uppercase T is Tablespoon, lowercase is teaspoon)
Make some this weekend!