This post is sponsored by Tempur-Pedic, the brand millions of owners trust to deliver their best night’s sleep every night. Enjoy our Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer now and give the gift of custom comfort to someone you love.
Have you ever put peanut butter in a mug…with a bit of hot coco mix…followed up with some steamy hot milk? I had you at peanut butter….didn’t I?!! That is why we are friends :) You don’t need a lot….just a little bit on a spoon…melts in with the chocolate and hot milk….yummmmmmm
So doesn’t this just scream…sit down, even if just for 15 minutes, grab a favorite magazine….and just drink in the goodness and settle your brain a bit?!? Oh my…is this good. One of many things I love about fall and winter….the ease that a warm drink in your hand brings to your senses. Love it! It is comfort. Complete comfort.
Oh, you need something to go with that coco….how about a warm, gooey cinnamon roll—fresh out of the oven. Here is one you should try…
Yes…yum indeed! Here is the recipe…
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Add the butter and stir until melted; let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the milk mixture. Add the sugar, 3 cups of flour, salt and eggs; stir well to combine.(I use my dough hook on my mixture) Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and supple, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large mixing bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 10x 14 inch rectangle. Lightly brush the far edge with water. In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and 3/4 cup brown sugar and sprinkle over the rectangles. Then sprinkle the chocolate chips. Roll up the dough into a log and seal the seam.
- Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces ( a thin string works great for this) ; place the pieces in a greased 9×13 inch baking pan, or 12 inch deep dish pizza pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to rise overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Take the rolls out of the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake the rolls for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Meanwhile, combine the corn syrup with the vanilla in a small bowl. Whisk in the powdered sugar and enough cream to make a thick glaze; set aside. Drizzle the glaze over the rolls and serve warm.
I think during the winter time…especially holiday time…we need to take those 10- 15 minutes whenever we can. Just sit for just a minute and listen to nothing…no one asking you for anything….nothing. I guarantee that you will come out of those 10 minutes feeling like your head is a bit clearer. That you can take on the rest of whatever is on that to do list.
Just remember….the most important thing about the whole holiday season…is not the package, the perfect table, the gravy, the bows….it is just making sure you are present…as in there, in the moment. That is what people will remember….forever.
Comfort is the perfect gift for everyone on your holiday gift list, so be sure to take advantage of Tempur-Pedic’s Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer!
I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective.