DIY Iron Spindles for a Staircase: Video

I was contacted a few months back from a company called Carolina Stairs. Super nice guy named Matt saw my video about how we refinished our stairs (took off nasty carpet, sanded down, painted and poly) We still look at our stairs and smile. The best $81 we ever spent!
He was impressed and he asked if we would take a look at a product he sells. Matt sent me samples of some iron spindles. The hardware is heavy, well made, and very do it yourself friendly! We were hooked! And you must know….they are a fraction of what you might pay someone to install them. The average is about $13 per spindle (depending on the finish).

Here is a look at the before…not bad I know….

But not quite as special as this…..

Oh, we love them sooooooo much :)
We chose the rubbed copper finish. So lovely. We were able to pick from black, hammered black or rubbed copper. The basket design along with the twist looks so fabulous together.
Seriously great weekend project!

All hardware is included…we did choose to use our own screws. The ones provided were not as “grippy” to the wood.

We recorded our experience…and have it all laid out how we took out our wood spindles and installed our lovely iron ones!

Here is the youtube : DIY Iron Spindles

(I agreed to film the installation and was compensated for my spindles and my time. However, all opinions are my own.)

Sharing at Tatertots and Jello, Beneath My Heart

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
-Tracie
About Tracie

Tracie Stoll is a wife, mom and has a passion for creating new things. On her blog Cleverlyinspired.com she is constantly sharing ways to inspire her readers to be clever in their own home. Since 2010 Tracie has been sharing DIY projects, crafting, remodeling and decorating along with some easy tasty recipes...all on a mindful budget. She is a graduate of the University of Dayton where she studied visual art and communications. Tracie has been featured on popular sites such as Better Homes and Gardens, Huffington Post, Apartment Therapy, Seventeen and Design Sponge.

Comments

1. Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR says:

Tracie, your stairs look amazing! What a gorgeous transformation! I am your newest follower; and I hope you will follow me, too! Blessings to you!

2. Michelle P says:

Looks great!

3. Diane Hodrick says:

I want to come live at your house. Gorgeous!

4. Sonia Rumzi says:

Just gorgeous, like its creator. You are so talented. The staircase looks positively renewed.

5. laura@imnotatrophywife.com says:

Love this! We did ours and posted on my blog a few months ago! Great job! Of course, we had over 200 spindles so it was a longggg diy project!

laura@imnotatrophywife.com

6. Three Sisterz says:

It looks so elegant and your house is beautiful!

~Courtenay

7. Looks awesome!! Totally changes the whole look

8. Kelly @ Hooked on Home Decor says:

I thought your "before" looked great! The "after" is just stunning!

9. rebekahdawn says:

Beautiful! I wish I had a staircase.

10. I love the new stairs. They turned out amazing and the price is great too. Thanks for sharing this. We would love it if you could link this up to our linky party going on right now.

11. Everything looks great! My in-laws just took the carpet off of their staircase and we would like to do the same.

makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

12. Cation Designs says:

I've always wondered if those gorgeous twisty spindles were affordable…thanks for sharing your experience!

13. Traci@ Beneath My Heart says:

Those spindles are gorgeous! I love them. :)

14. Hello! This came out beautifully. My husband and I want to order these spindles and new steps from the same company. Can you tell me what finish you went with for your spindles? Thank you!