My mom, as I have told you, is really an amazing cook. She knew nothing when she got married. She has told me the story many times about the first time she had her inlaws over for dinner…she cooked a ham until there was nothing left but the ham-bone. Which tells me…we all can learn…if we try :) She has made this Ceasar Salad since I was little. It is the best I have ever had…and I have tried to duplicate it…but Mom’s is always better.
SMASH 5 TO 7 GARLIC CLOVES INTO ½ CUP CANOLA OIL AND LEAVE REFRIGERATED FOR 24 TO 48 HOURS IN A CLOSED CONTAINER.
2) ADD THE FOLLOWING TO SALAD OIL AFTER REMOVING FROM REFRIG AND STRAINING GARLIC FROM LIQUID:
3/4 TSP SALT
¼ TSP DRY MUSTARD
¼ TSP BLACK PEPPER
2 TSP WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
(SHAKE ALL INGREDIENTS WELL)
SEPARATELY, MIX 1 EGG YOLK AND 3 TBSP LEMON JUICE AND STIR WELL.
3) POUR PREPARED DRESSING OVER ROMAINE AND TOSS WELL. DO NOT DRENCH LEAVES.
4) ADD EGG / LEMON JUICE MIXTURE AND CONTINUE TO TOSS.
5) SPRINKLE GRATED, FRESH PARMESAN CHEESE OVER SALAD LEAVES AND CONTINUE TOSSING.
6) ADD MORE GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE TO TASTE AND CONTINUE TOSS – ½ TO ¾ CUPS..
7) SERVE WITH FRENCH OR ITALIAN BREAD / BUTTER / OLIVE OIL (CHOICE).