I recently made this for a teacher welcome back lunch. It is called a BLT pasta salad. What I love about it is it can be served at room temperature and it is still fabulous! Great way to use up some tomatoes!
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 10 strips packaged, precooked bacon
* 1 (7 oz.) bag baby spinach leaves
* 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in quarters
* 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese (about 1 1/2 oz.) ( I just used shredded)
Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, stirring often, until al dente. Drain, then rinse with cold water until it’s cool. Transfer pasta to a large salad bowl. Add oil, onion, vinegar, mustard and salt, then toss well.
Crisp bacon in microwave, according to package directions; break into 1-inch pieces. Add to pasta with spinach, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Toss well and serve.